Amertha Bhavani Goes to Czech Republic, Day 3 (Aug 16, 2013) - Sumperk

by - 1:39 PM

Today we had our first performance and it was in the morning. We left the hostel at 9am. Since this is our very first performance, we spared a lot of time for preparation so we woke up at 4am!! Most of us just washed our face and brushed our teeth. We had breakfast and while waiting for the bus, we took some pictures at the hostel then we left. It took around an hour to go to the place so we slept on the bus.


Second breakfast. That chocolate milk is very nice.


Group photo outside the hostel


As we arrived, there was nobody yet but we were ready so we put our costumes tidily because we need fast-changing. Before us, it was Mexican's turn. The women costumes are interesting with colorful bright colors and big, flowy skirt. And there were women from which country I forgot who performed something with swords. Their performance was tough and intense. I was happy to finally meet other group and watch their performances.

With the festival's officials


Mexican dancers


Mexican musicians


And it's time for our performance! We have 5 dances, they are: Zapin Rebana (Melayu), Samba Sunda (West Java) - girly and flirty, Goyang Ngamprok (DKI Jakarta) - happiness, Mangetem (Kalimantan) - harvest thanksgiving, and Saman (Aceh) which is known as 'Thousand Hands' dance. Today we performed all of the dances. We had fun performing despite the hot weather. The sun was above us which made the surface feel very hot but we still made it.

Zapin Rebana


Samba Sunda


Goyang Ngamprok


Mangetem


Saman


Our musicians


The audience


With the sword ladies


We went back to the hostel to rest because we had another performance that night. We still had a few hours so some us decided to go to Klaufland. I didn't care when people looking at us awkwardly because we still had our makeup on. I found some interesting food and bought them. Near Klaufland, there is a complex consists of stores. The biggest clothing store is called Takko. The clothes are nice and really affordable. Plus, they were having a sale! I bought a top and we went back to the hostel. I supposed to and wanted to sleep but I couldn't. I ended up only closing my eyes.

Lunch


Dinner


We went to the second venue which is a big park. That was the main venue of the festival here in Šumperk. There were lots of people and we met more groups from another countries. It was fun to watch traditional costumes and culture from around the world in front of my eyes. Again, I felt like I was a celebrity because people wanted to take pictures. Tonight, we performed Zapin and Samba Sunda only. I felt amazing on stage with lights and cheer from the audience.





With the Kazakhstans


Polish guy






After performing, I met a girl who was very interested with us. Her name is Paula. She's a Czech and originally comes from Šumperk. Her English is very fluent so we talked a lot. She is very nice. She works in a bar in Centrum. We had a parade the next day and we really hoped to meet each other because I definitely passed her bar. There were lots of food stands that night and she guided me about the food because I was very hungry. I bought pork sausage and beer. I expected the sausage to have an amazing taste, but nothing special. It was very cold that night and the beer helped heaten my body. The night ended with spectacular fireworks.

You May Also Like

0 comments