Kuala Lumpur, Day 1 (May 25, 2014)

by - 12:23 AM

That semester, I had no class on Monday and that week, it was holiday on Tuesday and I only had one class on Wednesday where I could skip. Knowing that a few weeks ago, my mom and I decided to have a holiday. My mom asked me to go to Bali. I was happy but I could be happier if I go somewhere I've never visited before. I suggested KL and we found the tickets were cheaper than Bali! So yeah, here we go..

It was 12pm when I arrived in KL. I directly took KLIA Express to KL Sentral. We were going to be picked up by a driver and when straight to Piccolo Hotel at Bukit Bintang. The hotel and the neighborhood is perfect! Fahrenheit mall is just across the hotel and there are more malls and eating places around. I was starving and looking for some food, but I passed the biggest Sephora in KL so I made a stop first.

I couldn't hold it any longer so I went to Pavilion mall. At ground floor, there are many restaurants to choose. I found a Hakka restaurant called Ying Ker Lou and they were having happy hour for dim sum. Perfect! Then I found out it was chosen as Best Restaurant from something. No wonder they all taste good.





Then I just walked around the mall, looking through shops.


Someone posted about his recent trip to KL in Instagram and I was very curious about mango dessert in his post. Turns out one of the branches is at Pavilion. It's called Hui Lau Shan, originally from Hong Kong. I ordered French Mango Sea Salt (mango juice, fruit, and ice cream) and Mango Pannacotta. The pannacotta taste okay but that French Mango was amazing! I thought it would be weird having dessert with salt, but the salt actually made the taste super good!




See my hotel at the back? You obviously can imagine
how close it is with everything.

I made a short visit to Fahrenheit mall to look at its bookstore, Book Xcess. I'm such a big loser for bookstores. I just love being here. All of the books are sold for less and they are still in good condition (check their website to know how they do that).
Beside books, they also sell these.


After walking around outside, just in front of the hotel I found this ice cream shop. They sell many flavors of ice cream with different shapes.



*all of my KL pictures were taken only by my phone and most of them are square to make it 'Instagram-able' at that time

You May Also Like

0 comments