HK - Macau, Day 3 (Aug 23, 2014) - Central

by - 4:46 PM

Of course we weren't going home after visiting Disneyland. I wanted to visit Starbucks at Duddell Street and my brother wanted to buy Hard Rock T-shirt, so we went to Central. First we bought T-shirts at Hard Rock and then walked to find Starbucks. At first you might be wondering why I really wanted to go there, Starbucks are everywhere. But what makes it special and different is this Starbucks has retro and vintage style. You're like taken back to old Hong Kong. When browsing for this, I thought I really should go here.

I struggled a bit finding this. Some people whom I asked on the way didn't even know. With the help of Google map and asking more people, I managed to find it. From outside, I didn't find any sign that it was the Starbucks I was looking for since it's located in an office building. I went inside, asked the security, and they told us to go upstairs. I was happy and relieved. I experienced by myself of what I had seen only on pictures before. Because we were very tired of walking, we bought frappuccino and sat there for a while to chill and relax. The interesting thing is we have to ask for keys to go inside the restroom and once you finish, return the keys.




Then I walked around again, passing branded boutiques. I really love this area because it made me feel like an uptown girl. The store lights were already turned on which made the view be even cooler.










It was time for dinner and we were starving already. No idea where to go, I suggested we go to Tim Ho Wan, which is known as the cheapest Michelin restaurant and offers great dim sum. The nearest branch from where we were was at IFC Mall, Central.
I was really I sure I arrived, but I was confused which restaurant it was. It was already in front of my eyes but I passed it since it's only written in kanji. What made me finally become sure is because it was very crowded, with locals and foreigners.
Another challenge, I was confused on how to order and get a seat. When I ask people around me, they also didn't know because they were also tourists. I eventually knew how it works and now I can give the info to you. There are two menus written on a piece of paper in different color, one in kanji and the other in English. Take one and borrow pencil/pen provided. Write your order and give it to the staff. Make sure you write all things you want. Based on my experience eating at restaurants here, the system is you can only order once. It's hard for you to add more menu in the middle of eating. After giving the paper, they will give you number and call you. While waiting for the food, you can sip free Chinese tea provided at each table. Let's have dinner!


You May Also Like

0 comments