Euro Trip, Day 5 (June 22, 2013) - Switzerland

by - 10:57 PM


So excited to wake up early today cos I was going to play with snow for the first time! Yay! We had to go to Mount Titlis, Switzerland by gondola. It was summer, but Mount Titlis always has snow during all seasons. As I got off from the bus at the gondola station, it was already cold. I couldn't imagine how cold it is in winter. But shockingly, I saw a girl wearing tank top and shorts, walking as if she was at the beach. First, I rode a small gondola which could only fit four people then continued by the big gondola that could fit lots of people. I was excited at the gondola cos I already could see the snow. And finally I arrived at the snow site! Wohoo, there were many tourists. I was enjoying the moment but easily felt cold so I kept going inside and out. I wanted to feel real snow with my bare hands but I immediately wore my gloves again after touching it. I went inside an ice cave but there wasn't much to see.






As time passed by, it wasn't cold anymore that I could even take off my jacket. The kids had so much fun. We made snow angels and snowballs to throw at each other. We even slide through the snow.
Lion Monument
After playing with the snow, we moved to Lucerne to take pictures at the Lion Monument. The next part is the best one, free-time! I walked around Lucerne passing shopping stores and restaurants. We were given 4 hours free-time but we were already tired and had enough window shopping so we left earlier.
My legs got very sore but I enjoyed strolling around Lucerne


There was this one ice cream shop which had a long line. The weather was getting hot so I'd like to try one. The shop was called Bachmann, which I think it is quite famous cos I passed this store many times but this is the biggest one. No wonder it was very crowded. Besides ice cream, it sells pastries, macaroons, and chocolates. I ordered raspberry sorbet and it was awesome!

Kapellbrücke, the Lucerne's landmark


We had dinner at the hotel again. Yay, no Chinese food! Again, it's 3-course.
Salad. I forgot that yellow orange-ish was carrot or cheese. I think it's cheese.

Beef with pasta. Had similar taste with what I had for lunch back in Titisee

Mmm.. I'm not sure what this is

You May Also Like

0 comments