Amertha Bhavani Goes to Czech Republic, Day 9 (Aug 22, 2013) - Nachod

by - 9:01 PM

I told you in last post that Červený Kostelec has no entertainment so today Andrew took us to NáchodIt is also a town but more alive than Červený. Andrew said that Červený people often go to Náchod to find entertainment. We went there by bus. The journey only took 20 minutes. And yes, what he said was right. Finally I found some entertainment here! For me it was like the Centrum of Šumperk. I found another Rossmann.




We visited The Chateau of Náchod. I was tired but we had to go up and walk the stairs, and the stairs felt like it has no end. At last we arrived. We explored what’s inside the castle with a guide telling us stories. It was interesting at first but then I got bored. But I became happy again at the end of the castle tour by seeing a nice view of Náchod town from above.














A beautiful view from Nachod castle

With Andrew

It was lunch time and we were looking for food. First, we found a nice hotel restaurant but Andrew said it was the most expensive one. Okay, let’s move quickly. Then he directed us to more affordable restaurants. W were separated in groups. Me with some others found a kebab restaurant. We went inside and there was a man at the cashier and there were two customers, a boy and a girl. We were confused with the menu and asked if any of them speak English. None of them could so we went out to find something else. But then we noticed the kebab poster outside where there was a kebab box package with drink and we saw those customers also bought that. So we came back in and pointed the menu. We all ordered the same. I was a bit surprised with this kebab. It’s not like any regular kebab I’ve ever seen and eaten. It uses box instead of wrap. In fact there was no wrap. First the seller put vegetables and beef. Everything looks normal until he put French fries into it, hmm… weird, I thought. Then he asked if we wanted yogurt sauce or not. We had kebab with yogurt sauce, then. We ate them outside under the hot sunlight. And guess what? This kebab is extremely delicious!! I thought it was weird and unusual at first but it turns out really good! For some people, eating when they’re hungry may make the food taste better but not for me. If the food doesn't taste good, even when I eat it when I'm starving couldn't make it taste better. So I could tell honestly that kebab I was having is REALLY good! It was like the best kebab I’ve ever had that also makes it my best lunch ever. After that, we felt full actually. But, we could't resist to come inside a fancy cafe besides the kebab restaurant. It's called Waffle Cafe. We ordered two flavors of waffles to be eaten by 5 people.
The super AMAZING kebab!

Mouth-watering waffles

Spotted Indonesia and Yogyakarta!



Did I say I was full?

After a fun short trip in Náchod, we went back to prepare for tonight's performance. I was really anticipating that night. We were told that there would be a party. Wohooo! After performance, we changed our clothes and went back to the stage. This is it. All of the performers gathered. Everybody's invited. Children, youth, elders, anyone. Despite the language barrier, we were still having fun. We danced in any styles. We made circles, train, everything! We even taught and learned dances from each other. I really enjoyed the moment and was having such a fun night :).






You May Also Like

0 comments