Euro Trip, Day 8 (June 25, 2013) - Vatican City & Rome, Italy

by - 4:20 PM


If there is special occasion, a lot of mass gather here



St. Peter's Basilica
Going to the holy city, Vatican. Of course we visited St.Peter's Basilica, that famous building. We had to queue in line to get inside. It was a long line but we didn't have to wait long. We were already at the church but we didn't directly go inside. We entered some kind of waiting room to get our audio device. We had another guide who would guide us around the city. She's Italian. While I was waiting there, cute and good looking guards passed by. They were in tuxedos. How I love Italian guys, haha. We were given earphones and something that looked like a walkman. It would be noisy inside, with that device we could listen to our guide's voice more clearly. Then we came inside the church! I was overwhelmed, even when I was still at the front door. At first, I listened to her carefully while looking around. Then, it was getting boring, her voice became less clearer, and she walked too fast or sometimes being too long standing somewhere while my eyes caught something more interesting. 

Everything in this place was so nice and fine. I was so amused and felt really blessed being here. This place is so big and there were a lot of people inside. I didn't want to get separated from my group and get lost, so when I was going to different direction, I still got my eyes on them. I wish I had more time. I almost forgot to pray again here. What I regret is that my guide said the Pope always comes out every Wednesday and greets the people, but I came on Tuesday!! :(








Some people believe touching or kissing St. Peter's toes will give you blessings



One of many fine statues

The confessional room. It is served in many languages.


The guards

We went here after that:

Constantinopel Gate

Colosseum. Our time was very limited so I couldn't go inside.

This is John, our driver. He is freaking tall!

Trevi Fountain
I felt like I was in a scene of Lizzie McGuire movie while being here. Of course I did what people have to do here: throw coins. People believe when you throw coins into the fountain, you'll come back again in the future. Somehow, it is true. My dad had been here before and he threw coins. He then came back here with us. Before I threw the coins, I made some wishes. Hope it will come true :). Italy had the hottest weather among all countries I visited during this trip. Again, it was a HOT, SUNNY day like in Venice before. Then my tour guide took us to a gelato shop, it is very close to the fountain. He said it was the best. And gelato was perfect during that hot weather. I forgot to take picture of the gelato but I think I had two scoops at that time. I could even try some flavors before. Then we had lunch at a Thai restaurant. The owner was so kind that he gave us big bottles of water to each of us afterwards. After that we continued a long journey to Pisa. We stopped midway at a chocolate, wine, and olive oil shop. I was so happy that there were many testers so I could try everything. I never thought that olive oil could have so many flavors. There were biscuits provided to try with the oil. I found some great taste of oil. This time we had dinner at a Chinese restaurant again and we stayed at Galilei Hotel.

You May Also Like

0 comments