Bali, Day 1 (Jan 2, 2013)

by - 11:17 PM

I made my first journal in this trip. Yay! This is my fourth trip to Bali. First was when I was very little, around 4 or 5 years old. Second was in 2009, it was a school trip with my junior high school friends. Third one was not so long before this trip, it was in June 2012.

This time I went only with my mom. I arrived in Denpasar around 12 o' clock. I was already hungry so we were looking for food at Kuta Beach Walk. This was my first time going to this place. There are lots of well-known restaurants here and has some clothing store. After walking around I finally chose to have lunch at Johnny Rockets. I chose this place because it was very eye-catching. The interior was very American (of course since it sells burgers!).


When I came in, the waiters greeted us very loudly so the other guests automatically looked at who just came. We sat and looked at the menu. I ordered Chicken Salad and Smoked House Single burger, it's basically a bacon burger served with fries. While we were waiting, the music getting louder while the waiters made a line. They sang and danced along with the songs played. The did it happily so the guests followed their happiness and clapped their hands. It was very entertaining. They do it every 15 minutes.

After having lunch, we decided to go to our hotel in Legian. We stayed at Tune Hotel. They have other branch in Kuta. At first my mom didn't want to stay there but I wanted to try staying at a budget hotel. We finally stayed there for 3 nights. It was very nice though for a budget hotel. We only paid Rp200.000,-/night (around US$20). It is very recommended if you want to stay a budget hotel. It is clean and has basic essentials you need. Plus, it is close to the beach and restaurants. You only have to walk for 5 minutes.

It was Saturday. I wanted to have a mass that day rather than the next day. We visited Gereja Katolik St. Fransiskus Xaverius in Kuta to get some information about the mass. For foreigners, they have English service every Sunday. The officer said the mass will start at 5pm. We had an hour to go so we walked around Discovery Mall since it was the closest place. Finally I came inside the church, it was nice. The priest who led the mass at that time was a guest priest. He actually comes from Madiun, Indonesia but these 4,5 years he's having a duty in Japan. He's currently back to his hometown. He told us that he was happy to see the people here because it was crowded, ranged from young to old people. He said nowadays not many people in Japan go to church, only the elders :(.

We continued to have dinner at Metis, a fine dining restaurant at Jl. Petitenget, Kerobokan. I had tenderloin steak and chocolate souffle for dessert. They all taste good! After we finished our meal, the waiter gave us which I called the 'magic towel'. At first it looked like a small roll of towel and a water. When you put the towel into the water, the towel absorbs the water and it becomes bigger and ready to use. And that's how we ended our first day.

You May Also Like

0 comments