Euro Trip, Day 2 (June 19, 2013) - Volendam, Netherlands

by - 12:08 PM

First breakfast. Hotel buffet is always the best.
Today's a bit cold and there was a light and quick rain. On the way to Amsterdam to Volendam, we stopped first at this place to take pictures in front of this windmill house. I found some nice and modern houses nearby. They look comfortable to live in.



Volendam is a fisherman town. I love the ambience here. We were directly taken to the place where we could take pictures with Dutch traditional costume. Lots of tourists  come here, especially Indonesians. Some Indonesia's important and famous people have been here. The staffs could also speak a little Indonesian. They were nice and helpful. While we were waiting for our photos, we looked at some souvenirs at the shop across the place.

You'll find similar houses like this in Volendam
Cow skin was being dried. I don't know what they're for.

In traditional Dutch costume


Volendam has many interesting eating places. I wanted to try poffertjes from the original country. I'm here already and this is my chance! I found a shop that sells poffertjes. An old man whom I assumed the owner made a portion for me. He was very nice. Although his English wasn't too good, he tried his best to communicate with his customers. This shop even sells poffertjes pan.


To be honest, I like poffertjes made in Indonesia better than in here





I had my lunch here. My tour guide said this restaurant has the best fried cod fish. When I came inside, it was chaos. The waiters talked loudly, put things harshly, and moving fast. For appetizer, they served us clear soup. And here comes the main dish! The famous fried cod fish. I wasn't disappointed at all, it was literally good. Too bad I has poffertjes before. Really, I wanted to finish the fish but I couldn't because I was too full.

Fish n Co. might look more appetising, but when you have this fish
in your mouth... I couldn't even describe it. Too good!


There's a cheese factory here. I went inside to take a look. It doesn't only sell cheese but other products which complement and made with cheese.






We then visited cheese and clog factory. While I could only take a general view of cheese at Cheese Factory Volendam, here, I got to know how they were made as well as clogs. They sell the products and provide testers so before buying, I could try different kinds of cheese!







Too greedy that I tasted all of the cheese provided



We went back to Amsterdam. I had another free time in Dam Square, our last stop of the day. I already got my eye on H&M cos H&M didn't have any branch in Jakarta at that time, but would open soon. The store was crowded since it was on sale. And due to the limited time, I took a quick look around and grabbed anything that immediately caught my eye. There was a long line for dressing room so I had to try outerwears outside and put back some clothes that I wasn't sure they would fit.
First H&M store I visited. I would revisit
the stores in every country I visited in this trip.

Rarely seen group of birds like this

With the kids from the tour group.
We remained friends since then.


You May Also Like

0 comments