Weekend Getaway in Bandung - Day 1 (Dec 6, 2014) - Part 1

by - 11:23 PM

I was busy with final exam and assignments and I had this trip just a week before final exam began. I really needed a break then my church friends planned to go to Bandung, so.. I'm in!

Bandung is a capital city of West Java. It only takes 2,5-hour drive from Jakarta (if there's no traffic. But it could take up to 4 hours if the traffic is really really bad). Bandung has many attractions, it is popular for its factory outlets. What I love about this city it has lots of great eating places with much more affordable prices than in Jakarta!

We left at 7am and thank God the traffic was friendly enough. We arrived at around 9.45. At first, we wanted to try Perky Pedro, a Mexican restaurant. The look of the restaurant is so interesting. Because it wasn't opened yet and it would be too long if we waited so we decided to eat somewhere else.
We ended up eating at Mie Naripan. My cousin recommended this and people say the noodle is amazing. Can't wait any longer, better get in and order.




There are so many to choose, I ended with Mie Yamin Spesial. This includes pork fried balls and dumpling, meatballs, and 'babat'. Don't worry for those who cannot eat pork, they provide halal ones too. And yeah, the noodle is sooo good! I could tell it's the best I've ever had. Too bad I had spaghetti earlier, so it was a bit too much, but I still ate it all, though, haha. The other menu that you should try is the one with cheese and chilli sauce. Oh, hot tea is free and it's refill-able!




After filling our stomach, we went to Taman Hutan Raya (Tahura). I actually just knew about this place when I arrived. The main attractions we wanted to see are Goa Jepang and Goa Belanda (Japanese and Dutch Cave). Based on the name, we knew those were built in Japanese and Dutch colonial period. The area of Tahura is bigger than I expected.









It is very dark inside the cave, you need a flashlight. There are some people who offer you flashlight and guided tour of the caves. Of course it's not free. We didn't need both of it since we didn't need story-telling and flashlights from our phones were enough.


I'm not a fan of nature destination, but I enjoyed it here. Maybe this is what I need. It really helped me to clear my mind.


Found many horses around which you could ride


You May Also Like

0 comments