HK - Macau, Day 2 (Aug 22, 2014)

by - 1:06 PM

The morning started with solving the money problem. On the previous day, we searched everything and found the best way to get the money fast was by Western Union. I had already known that for a long time but never really knew how it worked. Turns out it is the best way to send and receive money abroad. Taking your money from ATM might cause additional expensive charges, but Western Union offers you pretty good rates. My dad called his employee in Jakarta to send money to Hong Kong. We were then given code to be used to take the money. In Hong Kong, Western Union are spread everywhere, but unfortunately we could only take money on big amounts at big branches. One of them is at Granville Road Post Office which is just a walk away from our apartment. The money was sent that morning and once we get the code, we could directly take the money. At first my dad didn't know the amount in HKD since the money was sent in IDR, so when we talked with the staffs, they were a bit suspicious with us. (Tips: make sure you know the exact amount and better ask the person who send the money to take photo of the form). Their English wasn't that good so we had a hard time communicating with them. Then I called Tu to help us. After explaining everything, we received the money and pay Tu back directly. Hooray! Finally all the drama ended and we could continue the trip with clear minds.

We had not eaten anything so we had brunch at Relax For A While.
Rice with Roast Pork

Indonesian style Fried Rice

Went to Ngong Ping to visit the Big Buddha statue. We had to go to Tung Chung station and took cable car from there. Getting out of the station, I saw a mall called Citygate Outlets. But what's more interesting was on the outside. There were displays of painted elephants. They looked cute and interesting. Many people took pictures of them.

When I was looking for information about Ngong Ping, I thought there wouldn't be many people. But turns out even from the cable car ticket counter, the queue line was already long! Luckily there are many counters so even though the line was long enough, we didn't have to wait that long.




Hong Kong International Airport

After around half an hour trip with cable car, we finally arrived at Ngong Ping. The weather was so hot! First we approached Ngong Ping Village. There are modern restaurants and shops with vintage look.




Cable car from around the world
                    

                    

                    


The Big Buddha





Really needed a refreshing drink during the hot weather

Back at Tung Chung, we went inside Citygate Outlets to look around. Because I saw the airport earlier, no wonder I spotted many people carrying luggage.
Had a walk around Avenue of The Stars. It is a perfect place to spend your afternoon. It wasn't that hot anymore and the wind started to blow. This place reminds me of my first trip to Hong Kong with my big family. The old picture of me here is still displayed in my house.









Had dinner at McDonald's again. This time at Tsim Sha Tsui ferry terminal. I really love the view and ambience here at night. Found Mr. Softee ice cream!

The Peninsula

From there we moved to Mong Kok which will be our last stop to find the sneaker street in Fa Yuen. Fa Yuen is such a long street. We took the wrong direction that made us walked very far. My feet became sore so I looked for balms at Chinese medicine store which are spread around. So glad when we found the street because it's literally full of sneakers! Mong Kok has an amazing view at night with colorful lights flashing from the stores. I wish I took more pictures here.
Mong Kok

You May Also Like

0 comments