Kuala Lumpur, Day 2 (May 26, 2014)

by - 12:23 AM

To start the day, I had breakfast at BreadFruits, located in Sri Hartamas. The place might be small, but it is very nice. I didn't know they sell healthy food. There are so many to choose from the menu that made me want to try them all. Me and mom ordered Vegan Spinach Tagliatelle and Yellow Mellow Omelette, Liver Cleanser (red) and Body Cleanser (orange) for the drinks. Healthy doesn't mean not delicious.



I was passing Masjid Kuala Lumpur and decided to stop there and look around. It is the biggest mosque in KL and where Siti Nurhaliza, a famous Malaysian singer, held her wedding. Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to go inside.


I visited the new Istana Negara. Since Malaysia was conquered by Bristish colony, the building was designed based on British empire. This is like Malaysian version of Buckingham Palace. The difference is I could take picture with the guards this close.





Had an hour drive to Batu Caves. There were many Indians and tourists. Some of the guests feed the birds. I was too lazy to climb the stairs up to the top but I managed to reach the middle. Oh, watch out for the monkeys!


Made a visit to Suria KLCC to pick up my brother. He just arrived today. While waiting for him, mom just wanted to sit so I went inside Kinokuniya alone. I didn't expect it is that huge! I felt overwhelmed.


Chocolate overdose at Beryl's Chocolate Kingdom. Their famous tiramisu chocolate is a must buy! Trust me, it's so good. Better buy lots of it at once. There are so many discounts.



MidValley Megamall is the biggest mall I've ever been to. It is so huuuuge! I think I need more than a day to explore the entire area. My brother hadn't eaten yet so we directly headed to the food court. After that we were just looking around. I was already bored visiting mall so I didn't mind not looking thoroughly.
Tried Nasi Lemak for the first time

Passed Little India on the way to Putrajaya

It was already dark when we arrived at Putrajaya. It is the government administrative center. They even build apartments for people who work there. I was very amazed with this place and the fact how well-planned it is. I just couldn't believe I was being at official government building, they are not like it. Too interesting!


A mosque at Putrajaya. It is so nice even though
I only peeked from outside.

Seri Wawasan bridge, the color keeps changing

Went back to Suria KLCC only to take pictures outside.


Petronas Twin Tower



KL Tower

I didn't want to eat more actually, but everybody didn't want to go back yet so I suggested to go to Acme Bar at Troika. I was really curious about their famous Sizzling Brownie. It's quite interesting because the chocolate gets bubbly when it's poured on the hot plate. The taste? Well, it was so-so and when you get to the bottom, it's getting bitter like an overcooked food. Thank God it was my last meal of the day because my stomach didn't have any more space for food!

Mac & Cheese

Sizzling Brownie

You May Also Like

0 comments