Japan Winter Trip, Day 8 (Jan 26, 2017) - Universal Studios, Osaka

by - 6:03 PM


So here comes the very last day of the whole trip. I felt a bit sad but more excited because we were going to Universal Studios Osaka! My family and I couldn't wait to visit the famous Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

The park opened at 9 am that day. We arrived just in time and many people were already gathered around the gate. While we were waiting, we saw information about Universal Express Pass to shorten our waiting time for some attractions. At first, we were thinking of buying it. However, the attractions are already designated so we cannot choose by ourselves and we decided not to buy it.

The park consists of these areas: Universal Wonderland, Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Waterworld, Amity Village, Jurassic Park, San Fransisco, New York, and Hollywood.







First thing first, we directly made our way to Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The first attraction we would like to experience is Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey in 4K3D. Because of its popularity, the queue was quite long. Inside, we must put our belongings into the lockers provided since the ride involves turning. And before riding, I already feel like I was in the movie scene! There were these talking paintings and they were talking in Japanese. My heart beat so fast when I hopped on the ride. I really couldn't wait how this ride would take me. Oh. My. God. Now I really feel like I was in the movie scene. I feel like I was flying when it was Quidditch game part and by the time the Dementors came, I could say I was scared because they looked so real and they were around me. I was crying because of my excitement. This is the best ride ever!!


Our second ride is Flight Of The Hippogriff. We regret spending about 1.5 hour for just a regular roller-coaster. There are many more interesting and challenging roller-coaster ride you could find in the park. I could say that this is really not worth the long queue and you could just skip this to save your time.


We visited Ollivanders wand shop to see the Wand Magic attraction then we walked around the area visiting the shops. The last thing we couldn't miss is trying the Butterbeer. I was afraid at first it would taste too sweet but turns out it taste very good! The beer has perfect sweetness with buttery cream on top.







We moved to Hollywood area because my brother wanted to experience Hollywood Dream - The Ride. I don't mind riding a roller-coaster but I avoid the steep ones because I don't like how the 'drop' feeling gives to my stomach. I was nearly going to give up at first since I had seen the ride flow from outside but finally I gave it a go. Challenge accepted.


Since this is our last day and we didn't mind to splurge a bit, we had lunch in Mel's Drive-In in Hollywood area trying the burgers and fries with cola for drinks. Having American food in a diner made us feel like we were not in Japan.

Trying the Turkey Leg from the food stall


We moved to New York area to queue for The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man - The Ride 4K3D. I didn't expect much but turns out I found it an exciting ride. We got on to the car and were taken to a journey with Spider-Man.



I had to go for another challenging roller-coaster, this time is The Flying Dinosaur. What makes it different is we are positioned as if we are gripped by a flying dinosaur, so after we sit, the seat will tilt until we are facing down. I immediately wanted to scream after the seat was tilted. During the ride, I think I was screaming all the time and I even had to close my eyes. This is very thrilling!

Minion Bun and Choco Banana Churros. So damn good!


We watched Godzilla: The Real 4D at the theater show for the last attraction. This becomes our second 'most-regreful' attraction. We queued for about 2 hours for this and all we could get is a Godzilla movie with average effect. Very not worth the queue and again, you could skip this. We were so pissed that we were looking for another attraction to console ourselves. Most of the attractions were already closed and we saw that the Spider-Man attraction we had experienced earlier were still open, we went for another ride to make us feel better.


And that's a wrap for our Universal Studios Osaka adventure and also that's how we spent our last night in Japan. Getting out from the park, my eyes were mesmerized by the view of Universal City Walk. The lights looked very pretty! And we found a decent karage stall to have dinner at.


My first Japan trip went well and I would like to thank God for the opportunity He has given me to finally be able to experience my dream destination. Almost every day during the trip, I wanted to cry because I was extremely happy and got to enjoy the holiday without any problem. I definitely would love to come back to Japan because there's still so many to be explored.

You May Also Like

0 comments