Japan Winter Trip, Day 5 (Jan 23, 2017) - Tokyo Disneyland

by - 12:25 AM


Last day in Tokyo, I spent it at the known as happiest place on earth, Disneyland. Based on my experience going to Disney Sea, I made a huge mistake by wearing boots. My feet were sore walking here and there in long distance. So that day, I wore my comfy shoes. The weather was also a lot better because there was no rain at all, even though we were freezing. The cold wind blast and made us frozen.



Entering the main area where there is the castle, I didn't expect much. However, I was quite surprise that it looked.. 'average' to me. Different from what I feel when entering Disney Sea for the first time, I was in so much awe. But here, I don't know but I didn't feel something special.

We were here to play, though. So as usual, we checked the map and plan our routes. The park consists of 7 areas: World Bazaar, Tomorrowland, Toontown, Fantasyland, Critter Country, Westernland, and Adventureland.

In Tomorrowland, first, we took Fast Pass ticket for 'Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters' because we saw the crazy long line and waiting time. While waiting, we joined the queue for 'Space Mountain', a high-speed roller coaster just like in HK Disneyland. Space Mountain is always fun to me because we don't know how the track goes while we could see pretty galaxy landscape.

We moved queueing for 'Star Tours: The Adventures Continue'. The waiting time was only 20 minutes so we went for it. This attraction is surprisingly fun! We board on spaceship and there is 3D screen as if to see outdoor view. The ride felt so real and we enjoyed it so much. This is a must-visit.

Using the Fast Pass, we entered 'Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters'. Again, it was actually like the one in Hong Kong where we shot target to collect points. Comparing between Toy Story games, I highly prefer Toy Story Mania in Disney Sea to this.

Last attraction we visited in Tomorrowland is 'Monsters, Inc. Ride and Go Seek!'. We had been queueing for almost an hour then suddenly the staff informed the attraction would be closed for a while and would open again later. What?! I was almost pissed off but I knew they would do something. They gave us ticket like Fast Pass that could be used once for any attraction that day. Yeah! Okay, we would use it wisely.

Green Alien Dumplings. Didn't know what's inside at first, turns out it was three different flavour mousse: Chocolate, Strawberry, and one I couldn't identify. The strawberry one is the best, so good!

Melon Churros
We only passed the Toontown since the attractions are mostly for kids. In Fantasyland, I couldn't wait to visit 'Haunted Mansion' and I was immediately very disappointed knowing the attraction was closed :(. The wind made us hungry and we saw long line for Turkey Leg in Critter Country area. Dad sat on empty table while my brother and I bought the turkey. Dad thought it was the same chicken leg we bought in Disney Sea that he liked it so much. Turns out, he didn't like this turkey leg so after only a few bites, he offered us. My brother was full and I was starving so after finishing mine, I ate Dad's leftover, haha.

Turkey Leg. Let's eat like a boss!

After filling our tummy, we watched the parade. Watching the parade is just something that I couldn't miss while in Disneyland.



Because there was no more attraction we would like to visit that required Fast Pass, we used the complimentary ticket from Monsters, Inc. for riding 'Big Thunder Mountain' in Westernland. This roller-coaster ride is super fast!


Vanilla Churros

In Adventureland, we visited 'Pirates of The Caribbean' because it seemed interesting and the waiting time was only 15 minutes. We rode a boat and sailed through. It was creepy at first since it was dark and I couldn't see anything, the vibe was just thrilling. But not long then we were entertained by the character dolls. The Jack Sparrow looked so real, didn't look like a doll at all.

There was no attraction left that we wanted to see that much, but we wanted to make the most of our time while we were here. We went back to Fantasyland and decided to enter 'Cinderella's Fairy Tale Hall'. This place made my childhood imagination comes to life. The decorations are very pretty too.


No wonder I haven't met my Prince Charming. The shoe doesn't fit! Haha


Chocolate and Sweet Potato.. what? I don't know what it's called

While we were still in that area, we were queueing for 'Snow White's Adventures' where we board a mine car through a dark forest. I knew this would be the most childish attraction we visited but then after experiencing the ride, I think this wasn't too childish. It was dark inside and there were some shocking moments when the picture and the sound of the witch came out that even made me scream a little. No wonder I saw many little kids crying. I could say the attraction literally scare them.

Then we went back to Monsters, Inc. ride. It was already opened again. We board a tram and there was flashlight for each person. I had no idea about the purpose of these flashlight. We were just basically riding the tram and looking at the monsters.


When evening came, I feel like it was the most freezing weather we experienced during the whole Japan trip. The wind was very cold that day! We just couldn't hold it that made us have to come inside the store to warm ourselves.

Overall, it was a so-so experience for me in Disneyland compared to Disney Sea. Tomorrowland has the most fun attractions. And based on my pictures, you could see that Disneyland offers many good snacks. Besides their cute appearance, they taste great too! Lucky it was winter that we always had room for any food.



Related posts:
Hong Kong Disneyland
Tokyo Disney Sea

You May Also Like

0 comments