HK - Macau, Day 6 (Aug 26, 2014)

by - 4:50 PM

It's always sad knowing the fact it is your last day of holiday. I had a whole day to spent so here it is.
First we visited MJ Gallery at Sofitel. There is also MJ Cafe and there were some people. But when we went upstairs, we were the only guests. Good, then! So I could have more freedom in taking pictures. Besides gallery, they also sell MJ stuff from CDs, hats, gloves, jackets, even keychains and mugs. Let me take you to a tour inside the gallery with these pictures.


Among the zombies








We had brunch at Wong Chi Kei restaurant in Senado Square which is famous for its braised noodles. Popular restaurants are always crowded but we were willing to wait. We had to approach the waiter at the front to be given number and the number will appear at the machine (red light number like you would find in banks). While waiting, I looked at the menu first. I was ready if I had to wait long, but no one came up when the numbers before me were called and suddenly it was my turn!

Yangzhou Fried Rice

Braised Noodle with Shrimp Dumpling

And yes, the taste didn't disappoint me at all. They were really good! The only thing that made me disappointed was their deep fried wonton was out of stock! It was one of their best-selling menu and people really love it :(.

Then we moved to Taipa at the south to visit The Venetian. I've been to the real Venice in Italy but still, we just should go here. I feel like I was being in Venice and the difference is it was cold here! Haha, of course because it's indoor. Back in Venice, it was really hot at that time.



With Chanel Iman's wings

Mango Glutinous Roll. Served cold and very refreshing.

Tai Lei Loi Kei's famous pork bun. They actually have their own shop somewhere
in Taipa but I didn't have time to find it so I had it here instead. For me, it
already taste good. But people said the one in the centre taste much better.
Manchester United Store



Went to Hard Rock to buy T-shirts and had to pass City of Dreams, where they have full entertainment from hotels, restaurants, shopping places, and shows.





From there, we were going to Rua do Cunha. I thought it was close so we went there by walking. Turns out it was very far so we became very tired. We found Taipa Museum and sat there for a while. I felt more isolated because there weren't many people. We walked again and so relieved to find the street. So, it's better to go here by taxi and tell the driver to take you to Taipa Museum.

The alley is a bit similar with the one near Ruins of St. Paul. What I love is it's much less crowded so I could walk around and look more freely. My brother decided to sit at Starbucks while me and dad were looking for snacks.


At the alley, I accidentally found Seng Cheong restaurant which is famous for their fried seafood. I knew it from a blog and didn't know it was there. Really helped us in deciding what to eat for dinner. I love what I ordered that night.

Deep Fried Squid Balls

Deep Fried Salted Frog Legs



Ice Cream Waffle from Waffle Waffle! The waffle taste amazing.
It's not too sweet and has perfect texture.

It wasn't too late already but we needed to go back to the hotel to pack. At first I was afraid of not getting a taxi because the area isn't too crowded. But at the end of the alley at other side, there were many people queueing up for taxi. I was so relieved.

And that's how I spent my last day in Macau, as well as to end my trip. Despite the money loss, I was having fun and a great time here. I definitely have to go back to Macau again for Wong Chi Kei's deep fried wonton, Tai Lei Loi Kei's original pork chop bun, and watch shows. See you again, Macau!

You May Also Like

0 comments