HK - Macau, Day 1 (Aug 21, 2014)

by - 1:04 PM

So I woke up very early because my flight was at 6am. Thank God I could sleep during flight, because it's hard for me to sleep again after waking up. Then I arrived safely in Macau. And here comes to the most frustrating moment of the whole trip. Actually I really wanted to skip this part because I have to remember such a bad memory. Let's sum it up: my dad put the whole HKD money inside the baggage - the money was stolen - we only had our SGD money on hand. I was speechless and reported it to the staffs. We dealt with local police at the airport office. It took a long time and it seemed there was no hope so we asked the police to finish the process. We used the remaining money to buy ferry tickets to Hong Kong. I was crying and let it all out on the way. I was trying to forget everything and focusing on what we had to do next instead.

In Hong Kong, we directly took train to Tsim Sha Tsui (TST). Getting out of the station, I contacted Tu, my accommodation host. For the second time, I used airbnb. We were taken to the apartment. When we arrived, Tung, the other host was there. I explained to them what happened. And luckily, they were willing to lend us some money! I couldn't be more grateful and thankful to them. I felt very bad but there was no other way, they were our only hope. Other problem to be solved: how to pay them back. Read my next post to know.

Talking about the accommodation, again, the reality didn't disappoint me. Everything looks exactly like on the picture. The location is amazing! It's near everywhere: shopping places and restaurants. TST itself is already a great location. About the host, based on what I told earlier, they both are great hosts. Tu is the man and Tung is the woman. You can find out more about the accommodation and the reviews here: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1319156

To calm our minds and lift up our mood, we stayed at the apartment for a while and realized we hadn't eaten anything. We went outside looking for food. We were looking at Miramar mall since it is just across the street but didn't find something that we wanted. After walking around, we ended up at McDonald's.

Elevator buttons at Miramar



Since it was late afternoon and we were tired, we decided to walk around the neighbourhood. We looked for SIM cards and went to supermarket to buy water. We were hungry again and found a restaurant called 'Relax For A While', just perfect with our condition that day. It was still crowded even though it was already late. The food is nice and affordable. We could literally relax for a while there.

Lab Made is beside the restaurant

After having a nice dinner and dessert, we went back home. Since the day was quite tiring and the journey was just begun where we still had more days to continue, we need to rest and have a good sleep that night.

You May Also Like

0 comments