Euro Trip, Day 6 (June 23, 2013) - Venice, Italy

by - 12:28 AM

Had a 4 hour trip to Italy. Since it was a very long journey, we got very hungry so we stopped at a rest area. We already entered Italy at that time. The restaurant was casual but nice. I was very hungry but too amazed with the food. With amazing view of pastas, pizzas, gooey cheese, all fresh from the oven cause they were just opened at lunch time, oh my... After looking around, finally I had my choice of pizza, lasagna, and pasta. We chose and picked our food then brought it with tray to the cashier and paid there. Here's my condition: I was starving, then Italian food were on my table, they were still hot, so I ate them with so much joy! Delicioso! I was having Italian food in Italy!
A very tasty and cheesy, not bad cheesy but good cheesy pizza.
Forgot to take pictures of the others.
After being full in a good way, we directly headed to Venice. It was a HOT, SUNNY day. I love summer but this was waaay too hot. The bad thing was we had to cross by boat to Venice in an open air. I felt like I was being fried, or grilled. The wave made the boat a bit bumpy so I felt a bit dizzy. It actually wasn't too long but I felt long because I wasn't feeling too comfortable on the boat. Thanks to the heat and bumpy boat.
Ciao, Venice!
I was anticipating the gondola but we had to watch a glass-making first. The process was quite interesting, though. It's all from a liquid that suddenly turns into a glass.






Finally it's time for gondola! Like in movies, it really is perfect for couple (I wish I could go here again with my future husband, haha). So we went around Venice. The views were mostly the same, either it was a fancy hotel or a couple who kiss at the end. I could enjoy the journey more this time than at the boat, despite still being exposed at the sun.


We still had time to walk around. There was much to see. There were lots of souvenir shops. The most popular was carnival masks. They look a little scary but also glamorous because they use gold or silver besides other colors. But our tour guide told us not to buy the souvenirs there, at near our hotel instead. We trusted him and it was true. The souvenir shop near our hotel sell things with cheaper prices although they don't have more varieties as much as back there. The shopping was also more comfortable because it was indoor and there was air-conditioner. Back to my free time, I bought gelato. It was perfect during the hot weather.
Piazza San Marco

St. Mark's Basilica






Dozens of people walk here
When I was heading back, there was some kind of party hosted by some Middle Eastern or Indian people, I'm not sure. They sang, played music, and danced. They invited anyone to join.

You May Also Like

0 comments