HK - Macau, Day 4 (Aug 24, 2014)

by - 4:48 PM

Based on my friend's recommendation, I should try Mak's Noodle, especially its Beef Brisket Noodle. It's located in Causeway Bay and that's perfect because I also wanted to visit the malls there. Another challenging moment finding the restaurant. Asking people, nobody knew, finally found a helpful guy. Again, when I arrived, I wasn't sure it was the restaurant. When I came, it was all locals who were eating. People didn't speak English and there's no English menu, so I just pointed the picture. After leaving, I actually still wasn't sure it was Mak's Noodle. Never mind though, the noodle taste good after all. We only ate two menus for three but feeling so full.




Looking for something to drink and 7-11 was offering
buy 2 get 3 for this lemon tea

Walked around Causeway Bay, passing the malls. It was very crowded, there's people everywhere. We went inside Sogo. In my city, Sogo is just a part in a mall. But here, it is a whole building! Nothing particular to find, we just explored each floor one by one. Then we explored another mall around.







Welcome to Times Square! It is such a huge mall. When I went there, they were having One Piece (Japanese manga) market so I assumed it was more crowded than usual. Inside, my brother was having fun at a music store which has many musical instruments, old CDs, and even music books. Then we spent our time at PageOne bookstore. I've always loved being at bookstores and my brother bought design magazines.







Accidentally found Hui Lau Shan, a famous mango dessert shop. I tried in KL before and wanted to try here, at its original city. Some of the menu are different so I better try them. They were very refreshing.







Pink Sasa store at Causeway Bay. Don't worry about
finding Sasa, it's everywhere in the city!


Interesting music eggs. You can press the eggs and they actually make sounds!

Had dinner at Tim Ho Wan again. Ordering good things from the day before and what we haven't tried. Still, it was crowded again and people kept coming!




I choose this BBQ Pork Baked Bun as the best menu from Tim Ho Wan. The sweetness of the bun
blends perfectly 
with the pork filling. SO SO GOOD!! I was droolling when I wrote this.

Last stop before going home is Tai Cheong bakery. I was really curious about its famous Portuguese egg tart. Thank God it wasn't that hard finding the shop in Central. I just had to walk a bit far. The shop was about to close, but luckily they still had some tarts left. I bought two which I would eat it at the apartment because I was still full. As I arrived, I couldn't wait to try it. Oh my.. it really is the best Portuguese egg tart I've ever had! I have to admit this tart is different. It has the smoothest yellow part and the sweet taste is just perfect.


You May Also Like

0 comments