Euro Trip, Day 13 (June 30, 2013) - Andorra & Lourdes, France

by - 6:36 PM

We left Spain and were going to Andorra, the smallest country in the world. Interesting. Too bad it was Sunday so most shops were closed. There was a small cafe that was opened so we bought some food there. I ordered hot chocolate and a sweet bread. Because it was supposed to be holiday, they didn't provide all of their menu. Here, the shops are close with each other.




We then were going to Lourdes. We directly checked in at Mercure Hotel. We also had a pleasant dinner there. I met a group of Japanese tourists.

Forgot to take pictures of the starter,
so let's go to main course instead

A very nice rice pudding for dessert

After dinner, the Catholics wanted to join the Holy Mary praying ceremony that night. While waiting, we walked around the church area. There is a cave that has holy water. I put candles and prayed there.

At the ceremony, we joined a holy tour group from Indonesia. We talked with them and they said if you join a holy tour, you'll have a mass everyday! I felt so overwhelmed, blessed and grateful having this moment. I almost cried. In this ceremony, Holy Mary was read in many languages, including Indonesian! After the ceremony, I looked around at the shops. Statues and rosaries were all there. There were too many shops and too many designs I got confused. I was in a bit hurry. I didn't want to stay up late because I had to wake up early the next day.



You May Also Like

0 comments