Euro Trip, Day 17, (July 3, 2013) - London, UK

by - 11:29 PM

Oh no, after all of these experiences, I have to go home?? :''((. Let's spend the few remaining hours first. In a cold morning, we were already in line in front of Madame Tussauds. It hadn't opened yet but people already came. Most of them were youths, I think from a group of school or something. I didn't really feel bored or annoyed with the waiting because my excitement was so much bigger than that. This is what I had been anticipating. My heart beat so fast when it was time to go inside. I ran quickly. The famous people's wax figures are all there. Let's look, think, and act fast, because everybody has to take turns taking pictures with the figures. I don't have to mention which famous people available. You can look at their websites, hehe.

Besides the wax figures, there are also some other attractions. First is a haunted house called 'SCREAM!' at the Chamber of Horrors. I am always excited about this thing since I was little even though I know I will be scared and scream, sometimes close my eyes, but never cry. And yeah it was scary enough. Real people act like crazy-minded prisoners, they could walk around and approach us. The scariest part was one woman dressing as an old lady suddenly sliding in front of me and laughed the way a woman ghosts sound like. That was shocking and she looked scary so I screamed. 'SCREAM!' literally makes you scream. It was fun, though.

Second is 'Behind The Scenes' where you can see how those wax figures are made. Third is 'Spirit of London'. Here, you'll ride a black taxi and you can see history of London on the sides with moving things and figures. It is very interesting, I could really feel that old London vibe. The wax figures look scary though. They don't look scary physically but when I saw them I felt something creepy. No cameras allowed and I was also busy watching it. The last one is 'Marvel Super Heroes 4D' where you can watch Marvel superheroes in one movie with 3D glasses and there will be smells, shaking chairs, and splash of water, etc that makes it 4D. When you go out from there, you'll be directly taken to the souvenir shop and you can't go back. So I suggest you make sure already take pictures with the figures you want before watching this 4D movie.
Madame Tussauds London is such a fun place to visit. I was really happy being there. It's like a dream come true. I've been to Madame Tussauds Hong Kong but this one really gives a great experience for me.

Here I give you some pictures. I don't want to load this post with all my pictures with the wax figures. It will be too much.




Hit it like Beyoncé!

Being Obama's secretary for.. a few seconds

Chamber of Horrors


The fun still continued, not as much as before though. We visited Chelsea FC Megastore. Again, my brother was very excited. It wasn't so crowded like in Barcelona was.


Here comes the last stop.. Oxford Street. I spent my time (and money) at the clothing shops. I got a really nice ethnic patterned sport bag from Topshop and I bought massive amount of things at Primark. Primark is like, the best clothing store for me. Cheap, great designs, and good quality for the clothes. The store is so huge I got confused and it is a two-story building. I got some tips for shopping here: Better wear a tank top and a legging, because it is impossible for you to try inside the changing room. The queue is crazy! This is not applicable if you want to try underwear. Bring along your friends to take turns waiting in line, because the cashier also has long queue line, not longer than the changing line though. While you still want to look for something, your friend can wait in the cashier line. This really saves so much time. I was really happy with what I bought :).

Then, at last... it was time to leave. On the way to the airport, we stopped first at a hotel but my guide told us to just stay at the bus. He asked for my brother's passport, went inside the hotel, and came back while carrying a black luggage that looked like... my missing luggage! I was quite relieved but still not sure at the same time because he didn't say anything afterwards. When we arrived at Heathrow Airport, we loaded out our luggage. And yes, that was my luggage! My family relieved with a smile. We found out later that our luggage is actually mixed with other tour groups. Thank God my dad put tags from the tour with my brother's name and Smailing Tour's email on it. The man who found the luggage e-mailed to that address and the company called my guide.

That's the end of my first Euro Trip. I had so much fun and feel grateful to have this new experience. I am happy that I could visit popular destinations in many countries in Europe only in a few days but I believe there's still so much to explore and I'm looking forward to have that opportunity. I don't have to wait too long because a month after that I had another trip to Czech Republic. Stay updated and see you on my next journey! :)

You May Also Like

0 comments