A Day in Ubud

by - 1:50 AM

Those who seek calm side of Bali go to Ubud. Located 1,5 hour away from city center doesn't make Ubud less crowded. There are hidden gems here, what I mean is green rice fields and other nature surroundings. But I didn't visit those area, I walked around Monkey Forest street and took a look at Ubud Market instead.




I was already hungry when I arrived and I was looking for Warung Babi Guling Ibu Oka, a famous pork rice restaurant. People talk about this a lot and eat here but I haven't tried it so this is my time. The rice consists of rice, vegetables, pork roll, fried meat, sausage, and pork skin. I personally think it is good, especially the skin that is crispy and the meat that is not fishy. But overall, it is not that special. Besides, now there are many other options of pork rice. I should give it a try to compare.

Babi Guling Spesial (Rp45.000)



Then I looked around Ubud Market. Here, many things are sold, mostly souvenirs and clothes. The area is so big and there are so many options which made me confused. Based on my experience, the deeper and further the store from the crowd, the cheaper the price. From what I saw, the quality of the products sold here are better than the ones sold in city center.





Stopped by at Gelato Secrets

Monkey Forest street

I really enjoyed my time in Ubud since I rarely (or never) go here so it feels new and different. Next time I go to Bali again, I definitely would stay here for a night or two to explore more.

You May Also Like

0 comments