Mercado de San Miguel, Madrid - A Foodies' Paradise

by - 4:25 PM


I didn't browse much before going to Madrid and had no idea about this place before. Me and my friends were walking to Plaza Mayor from the palace. They stopped to buy souvenirs, I was bored, so I walked further alone. Suddenly, I saw a place that looks fancy. I approached it and gasped. I couldn't believe where I brought myself to: a food market. Since I am a foodie, it's like I found a treasure! I walked in and took a quick tour. My eyes couldn't stop blinking, I was too excited looking through the stalls. I found a tapas stall which is quite crowded and tried 2 flavours which is salmon and octopus. They were awesome and only 1€ each!




On our second night, I was very happy that I could really explore the market and tried more food with my friends. There are still many more delicious things you can try besides tapas: paella, meat, seafood, cakes, cocktails, wines, beers, and many more. Not only locals, but I also met some tourists. With great ambience, I really had a pleasant dining experience and this place is surely a food paradise.

Here are some dishes I tried (sorry I forgot to take notes of the stall names):
Tapas

Pork bites

Paella

Fro-yo. That caramel sauce..


Mercado de San Miguel
Plaza de San Miguel, s/n, 28005, Madrid, Spain
Nearest metro: Sol (Blue/Line 1, Red/Line 2, or Yellow/Line 3)

Opening hours:
Sunday - Wednesday: 10am to 12am
Thursday to Saturday: 10am to 2am

www.mercadodesanmiguel.es/en/

You May Also Like

2 comments