Royal Palace of Madrid

by - 4:27 PM

Royal Palace of Madrid is the residence of the Spanish Royal Family. Although it is the official residence, the royal family doesn't live there and it is now used for official functions. The good thing is, although some areas are restricted, the palace is open for public and I got the chance to take a look inside.


Walking through the entrance stairway, I was immediately enchanted by the beauty of the interior. I stopped and looked around. I was in an awe and feel like a princess!

Then the tour began. Great things were about to come. However, in several spots, guests are not allowed to take any pictures, too bad. It is not necessary to put your camera inside your bags, though. It is okay to hang the camera around our neck as long as we don't take pictures.

The rooms, galleries, everything is so beautiful and sophisticated. While walking around, I was imagining myself that I was one of the royals. Silly, I know, but it's hard not to spontaneously do so. It feels so magical. My favorite would definitely be the dining room! It is this very long table, beautifully equipped with plates, glasses, and cutlery, surrounded by chairs and crystal chandeliers. Oh my God, I couldn't believe I saw it in front of my eyes.



View from the palace: Catedral de la Almudena
After you finish the tour, don't rush yourself to leave. Spend your time on the outdoor area for a while and enjoy the view.





Royal Palace of Madrid
Nearest metro: Opera (Red/Line 2 or Green/Line 5)
More info for opening hours and admission, click here

You May Also Like

0 comments