Amertha Bhavani Goes to Spain, Day 12 (Aug 12, 2015)

by - 3:11 PM

I was very excited today because that night we were going to have a party!! I had to calm myself down because we still had something to do first in the morning. All the groups had to attend an event called Zoco Etnográfico at Plaza de la Constitutión. Okay, basically we walked in a parade, a real parade this time, and then continued to perform at the city center. It's almost like the opening of the festival, the difference is we did it during the day which made the costumes colour more popping. In the middle of performance, there was a speech from the government of Extremadura and we exchaged souvenirs.











Souvenir exchange with the Polish

Costume look alike

Back in the uni, we had lunch and rest immediately. We prepared ourselves for the long night. The party was held at the uni park after dinner. Our group was too excited that when we came downstairs, nobody was there so we went back to our rooms and waited. We came back when people started to gather. The music was already being played, some people were dancing while some talking, drinking, and eating. As usual, the typical party drink is Sangria and also some sodas, while for the food is the small bites like popcorns and chips.

That night, the weather changed drastically from previous nights. It was windy and very cold. I wanted to have fun but afraid to get sick at the same time. I didn't care. When will I get a chance like this again with them?

Unlike the first party back in Ribera del Fresno (read here), this one is more organised. The place, decorations, the crowd, they all perfect. The only turn off for me is the music. It is not as up beat as I expected, but I think the people here enjoyed it so much. Overall, it was such a great night and I believe we all had a great time together.



With Azahara

You May Also Like

0 comments