Amertha Bhavani Goes to Spain, Day 7 (Aug 7, 2015) - Cáceres

by - 4:47 PM

We had two events today, which is Gastrofolk and city tour. Gastrofolk is the event where each group made traditional dish to be served to everybody who came since it was opened for public. The idea of the event is because Cáceres is the gastronomy capital of Spain. Only 5 countries participating that day, including us. 4 people from each group had to attend the Gastrofolk at the Cáceres tourism office while the rest joined the tour. We already wrote the recipe the day before so the committee bought the ingredients and prepared the materials needed. We couldn't make something that has to be cooked, boiled, fried, grilled, or what so ever. Due to the limited ingredients provided, we ended up making Es Buah. It is basically a fruit soup that consists of any kinds of fruit you like, water, syrup, condensed milk, and ice. We thought it would be perfect during the hot weather and turns out people really love it!
Masterchefs of the day: Adam, Yudhis, me, and Anien


More souvenirs from the officials


Not only cooking, but also I had the chance to try other countries' dishes. This  is my favourite part because I love to eat but cannot cook at all (making Es Buah is not counted as cooking since I only helped cutting the fruits and mixing. To make it worse, I made a slight mess, haha.). I tried Poland's and Uruguay's food which both I forgot the name. Poland served this delicious pork sausage with pickles while Uruguay served a tomato filled with corn, ham, and many other fillings that make it like a salad. I was very happy trying these tasty dishes.










At night, some of my friends wanted to take a walk around the city center and I came along since I hadn't had the chance to explore. We had passed some of the places earlier that day but it feels different at night. I will post more photos and stories about this city later on.

You May Also Like

0 comments