Amertha Bhavani Goes to Spain - Day 5 (Aug 5, 2015)

by - 1:54 AM

It was a chilly morning. I couldn't open my eyes when my alarm rang, but no time to slow down because we had to leave. We still had to prepare ourselves, do the final packing, and have breakfast. We met the hosts and they still looked fresh after the party last night. They even had to do a performance! It was sad to say goodbye with everybody but I was excited at the same as we moved on to the next city, Cáceres!
Our last picture with everybody in Ribera del Fresno

We went there by bus and the journey took only 1,5 hours. I slept as soon as the bus moved and suddenly we arrived at this big building. It felt so fast and I wish it took longer. As I got off from the bus, the main entrance looked pretty crowded. Everybody was very busy rehearsing. As I was still trying to get what was going on, I saw three people wearing tags who seemed to be our hosts as they were watching us. I approached them and this one guy introduced himself. He is Benji and he is the one who is responsible for our group. He is very friendly so I feel very welcomed. Plus, his English is very clear and fluent too. He introduced two girls beside him, the one with curly pony-tailed brunette hair is Janire and the blonde one is Azahara. They would take care of us as well.

Benji gave me this green file which is the festival manual. The rules, schedules, everything is written there. Hwoa.. this is very different from the first festival and gonna be huge, I thought. I could already know everything from the first place. As my friends took the stuff from the bus, Benji and the others took me around while explaining things. The building is much bigger than I expected. I found out later that this is a university, I.E.S. Universidad Laboral to be exact.

We passed the main hall, where we could have our rehearsal, the canteen where each groups had to eat on schedule, and they took me to our rooms which is on the second floor. Most of the rooms are for two people while some only for one. The bathroom and toilets are shared, but only for one group so each group was not allowed to use other groups' bathroom. And the committee did take things seriously. When they showed me around, someone from other group was using ours and they knocked and asked her to leave. We better don't mess with the rules.

Benji then told me there would be a meeting at 7pm that must be attended at least by each groups' officials while the rest could do whatever they want. Some of my friends decided to go to the city center while I attended the meeting. I really wanted to come along but I still had 2 weeks here, so I didn't really mind. 
We gathered at a room and waited for everybody to come. I was very excited knowing there were many countries participating and we would meet them everyday since we stayed under one roof. They are from Poland, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Mexico, Chile, Georgia, Cuba, Timor Leste, and Senegal. The meeting itself is basically to welcome the participants and to know general view of the festival.
With Laura and Fransisco, the festival directors. The guy with white T-shirt is Benji.

That night, after having dinner, our group rehearsed to prepare tomorrow's opening ceremony. Then we slept early since we were still tired and there would be lots of things to do the  next day.

You May Also Like

0 comments