Catedral de Sevilla

by - 6:01 PM


Located in Avenida de la Constitución area, standing beautifully among shops and restaurants around it, Catedral de Sevilla is certainly not to be missed. Before my visit, I had no idea this church is something. Besides being one of the largest church in the world, it is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.


Before entering the church, there is a museum where you can see statues and beautiful paintings.




When I enter the church, I think my heart skipped a beat. I was in an awe and being amused by the beauty of the church, maybe these pictures could explain. As usual, I pray in every new church I visit. I don't know why but I cried while I was having my prayer here.



Christopher Columbus burial site







Another part of of the church is Giralda Tower. Since the church is formerly a mosque, the tower is the remaining muslim site. You need to go to 34th floor to see Seville from above. I know it is quite tiring, but the beautiful view you will see is worth the effort.



Catedral de Sevilla & Giralda Tower
Address: Avenida de la Constitución 41004, Seville, Spain

Admission:
General 9€
Students 4€

More info: www.catedraldesevilla.es (Spanish only)

You May Also Like

0 comments