Sibling Day - The Story of Me and My Brother

by - 11:21 AM


Sibling love

First of all, I would like to say Happy Sibling Day! Well, it might not be a formal special day or something, even I don't actually celebrate it! I actually already wanted to write about us and wanted to match it with Sibling Day (I Googled it first), turns out it isn't that long.
Me and my brother don't need this kind of special day to remind us how special each other is because I think we already have a pretty good bond and show love everyday.



Guess we were trying to impersonate the people on TV

You guys are supposed to already know my name so let me introduce my brother. His name is Bonifasius Denaldi Putra and people call him Aldi. You won't find him in any social media with that name since he uses 'Aldi Henry' for his accounts (taken from our dad's last name). He is only 1 year 7 months younger than me, which I think that's what makes us close.

Hmm, yeah we are close now but we weren't like this when we were young. In our childhood, we fought a lot! Most of the time it's only a simple matter but it could be really big. There's a story our mother told us. He once pulled my hair really hard, I was crying and he wouldn't loosen his grip. So our mom pulled his and he loosen it, but when mom's grip loosened, he pulled my hair again. Mom pulled his again and our nanny grabbed his hands. So it requires two people to make him loosen his grip. I also remember pushing him from the bed and he fell onto the floor. I felt guilty after that.


What's with the face?

We should have been Guess Kids models or something at that time, haha


Of course we didn't fight all the time. We used to play and be silly together. Every time he was playing PlayStation, I was being his one and only cheerleader/observer. If it's battle game like Tekken, we played together. But if it's adventure game, I was only sitting and watching. Our favourite game was Resident Evil, it was scary yet exciting. He needed a companion, and I loved to watch the game. I wasn't helping at all, even I could scream and shout at him. And there came Game Boy, we got one each. We helped each other finishing games and our favourite was Super Mario Bros! There's even sweet moments too. When mom was angry at me, he was the one who cried, not me. Aww..







As we grew up, our relationship gets better. We rarely fight. Small fights still exist though, but we get over it quickly. We do random things at home and I could say that's our quality time. We talk about everything, sometimes about fun stuff, other times about more serious topics. We watch movies, either what's being played on TV or DVDs. We play YouTube videos on TV to watch random videos or to listen to music and even sang it together. We also like to take random pictures on Mac's PhotoBooth.

OMG, he was fat and I've been through that straightened-hair era



Partner in crime

We are very supportive with each other. He watches my dance performances and takes pictures of me. I used to watch him singing and having his Taekwondo battle, but he's more focus on his design assignments now and as a proud sister, I post his works and promote them. Sometimes we like to surprise each other by making or buying things.



One of many Photo Booth sessions


First voting together
First planned quality time

We actually rarely go out only two of us together, mostly with family and friends. When we go to hangout places where there are many youths, we like to look around checking out guys and girls. But everybody thinks we are couple! That sucks. Even when we meet our friends who haven't known that I am his sister/he is my brother, they thought of the same thing. Sometimes, I am also mistaken that I am the younger sibling. We get used to it now.

A story about this picture. This is very recent. We hadn't met each other that day since I left early and he hadn't woke up. Then I was home again, hadn't changed my clothes and playing with my laptop. Suddenly he entered the room, just arrived at home, we looked at each other, hadn't said anything, and gasped. We accidently wore the same top. We then took our camera and took pictures with the help of tripod.

He's more than a brother to me now. He's a partner / photographer / driver / consultant / advisor / assistant / boss, and the list might go on, haha.

I am blessed to have a brother like him. Love you, bro!

You May Also Like

0 comments