2019: The 'See You's and 'Hello's

by - 8:54 AM


So.. where do I start. Guess my travel stories alternate to life reflections. Sorry, been busy that I have no time for travel blogging. Another two years passed since my last post. Of course, lots of things did happen.

What was going on in 2018? Still happily working and dancing, plus becoming healthier by attending workout classes, joining running events, and guess what: I got my Zumba teaching license and had my first regular class in a studio :D. Never, ever, thought of this.

Then what happens in 2019? Hmm, it gets MUCH MORE interesting. First of all, I turn 25 --> 'WHAAATT, even I couldn't believe it. No, I don't feel old or something but.. wait, what, 25?!' People say 'welcome to quarter-life crisis'. What is that anyway, because I feel like I'm just starting my life.
Take me back to five years ago, my older cousins got married at the age of 25. I had this future wedding plan on my head and imagined myself as a bride. But as the year approached, 'Hello, prince charming, where are you?'.

Life doesn't stop, of course. As I said before, I'm just starting it. Thanks to my Zumba license, it brought me to great opportunities. I got something new that I'm looking forward to every single day. After finishing my main office work, I departed to the place I had to teach. I just couldn't imagine I could meet new people in every class, make new friends and connections, help people to be healthy, and earn extra cash as a bonus (ka-ching!).

Been enjoying my new routine, another 'I-couldn't-believe-it' opportunity came: I will be studying abroad and leaving in a few months. Studying abroad, especially in the UK, is one of my biggest dreams. And when it's finally in front of my eyes, it's exciting yet scary. I had to leave all the great things behind for a while: my happy daily routine, my family and friends, and all the convenience my city could offer. Having to let go of things you love is hard.

Here now I am in the UK. All of sudden, my life completely changed. I had to start all over again. For the first time, I have to live alone far away from my family. Becoming a student again is not easy. My responsibility doesn't stop after attending lectures. The long day still continues by having self-study, doing assignments, and preparing for exams. I have to manage my time wisely. Not only do I study the module, but I also learn how to organize my life more as well. As simple as cooking (I never cook before, but now I enjoy it so much and love to try making new dishes), doing the laundry, buying groceries, housing stuff, etc.
To help me survive and stay sane, I couldn't be more thankful of my pleasant surroundings: fellow Indonesian friends (instantly clicked since our first meeting, they are all like my family here), my new friends from different nationalities (pleasure to meet them, I feel at least five years younger when I'm around them :D), my housemates (I'm happy that we all get along well and thank you for making the house a nice place to live :)), nice and friendly random people, safe neighbourhood, and many other things I haven't listed. On top of that, I have the chance to experience things that I won't have if I weren't studying here. So, just live the moment.

Go for your dreams, as scary and challenging as they can be.

Life is a book, turn the page for another chapter.

Sometimes, you have to be out of your comfort zone. You don't know what life could bring. Be prepared and do not be afraid, it's just another phase you have to pass.

As quoted from Oprah Winfrey, "You can have it all, just not all at once."

Thank you, 2019 and welcome, 2020!

You May Also Like

0 comments