Transit in Singapore (Aug 20, 2014)

by - 1:00 PM

I had anticipated this holiday very much. Why? It's because I was actually having 2,5 months holiday but didn't go anywhere because I was busy with musical performance and this time, my dad let me arrange everything, yeay! Yes, I did all the work: made the itinerary, booked the flight and hotels, etc. I enjoyed every bit of it. New semester was coming and I used my very last week of holiday very well.

So, we were going to Hong Kong and Macau. We actually had only 2 hours transit in Singapore but the airline changed the schedule that made the transit longer, which is 16 hours and the next flight is on the next morning! We didn't want to change the flight because there would be additional fees and it was very expensive (I was still mad because it was their fault, not ours). But, the advantage is I could explore Singapore. It's been 3 years since the last time I went there and I hadn't visited new places.

Super late lunch at Bugis Junction food court

When we arrived, we directly went to Bugis to visit Haji Lane. I've seen many people take photos there and I became curious about it because the place looks very interesting. I was happy when I found it. There are alleys of shops. The colorful walls and great layout attract guests to come inside. There are also some cafes and restaurants. This place is perfect for artsy people.






Walked around Bugis Street where there are many souvenirs, clothes, and street food. Get thirsty? Just buy those refreshing juices and tea for 1-2 dollars while munching on snacks.


Walked around Orchard Road. We went here only to waste time and wait until the sky went dark. Spent most of the time at Ngee Ann City, especially at Kinokuniya and then finally sit at the basement food court.

Hokkaido ice cream at Takashimaya basement food court

Visited Gardens By The Bay. I've also seen it on photos only and it's prettier in reality. There are two attractions with admissions, Flower Dome and Cloud Forest. At first we didn't want to go inside because we felt it is quite expensive. But luckily we got privilege from Tiger Air. By showing our boarding pass, we could enter both attractions for $20!! After going inside, I feel like they are worth a visit.








From there, we moved to Marina Bay Sands. They are close with each other. It is much larger than I expected. My first impression about this mall is glamour and luxury. Everything looks gold. The night made it shine brighter. We were looking for food while walking around. We walked sooo far until we found the food court.




Since it was already late, we went back to the airport to spend the night at Ambassador Transit Hotel in Terminal 2 of Changi Airport. It is much better than I expected for an airport hotel. It is clean, spacious, and have basic necessities you need. Let's have some rest because we would have early morning flight!

You May Also Like

0 comments